Britain may call in more troops to police Olympic
Britain may have to call up yet more soldiers to police the Olympic Games, the government said on Wednesday, after a failed private sector recruitment drive left an embarrassing hole in security and dashed London’s dreams of a spotless showcase.
The security fiasco and doubts over the ability of London’s strained transport system to handle a swarm of visitors have overshadowed an event which the government still hopes will give recession-hit Britain something to celebrate.
- Mother-of-two, 36, receives police warning for Facebook joke about squirting Olympic flame with water pistol
- Olympic torch sets off on its 70-day relay journey
- Are PCSO’s allowed to say they are the police?
- Police Community Support Officer (PCSO)
- Thousands of police accused of corruption – just 13 convicted